So. I am not a big New Years Eve celebrater...never was really. I tend to like my bed at an early hour when i'm at home, and going out always involves driving home on the scariest drunk- driving night. I am a fan of resolutions, though I tend to make them more often in the Spring. Winter in Illinois is pretty dismal and not conducive to the feel-good-goal making stuff of New Years resolutions. But I always make some. Last year I made monthly ones. This year I'm old school.
so here are 17 things I resolve to do next year:
1. make more art.
2. write more. and read more books. (learn more stuff)
3. take more classes at my Y. perhaps even swim...(however, this will involve buying a bathing suit...)
4. eat healthier for real.
5. organize my work space better. (who wants a piano? I will get rid of the piano this year)
6. be more open to other ideas. (I tend to like mine)
7. visit friends that live in other states.
8. go to museums ( including art institute!)
9. give stuff away.
10. fix the yard.
11. be more patient with my mum.
12. save some money for a trip. (I'm such a bad saver)
13. sell my signs. (alllll of them, then I can do #12)
14. go on another epic adventure. (This was a highlight of 2016 for me...short trip to NY with an old friend)
15. work on the upstairs bedrooms.... BIG job.
16. be nicer. yeah I'm pretty nice already. But I could be so much nicer.
17. get a passport.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends, whether you read this or not, and to all my customers. I am so grateful.